- Compact BAK4 Roof Prisms
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics
- Wide 61° Apparent Angle of View
- Nitrogen-Filled Water and Fogproof
- Open-Bridge / Dual-Hinge Configuration
- Lightweight Aluminum-Alloy Chassis
- Large Center Focusing Wheel
- Tripod Mountable with Optional Adapter
- Twist-Up Rubber Eyecups
Carson's 10x42 RD Binoculars combine powerful magnification with a comfortable ergonomic chassis to produce an optic that is an ideal choice for the trail, range, stadium, or boat.
BAK4 glass roof prisms and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission through the light path for accurate color rendition and improved clarity, contrast, and brightness. This optical performance, when added to the high power and wide viewing angle, produces an immersive observational experience with drastically reduced appearance of visible hand shake or the disorientation caused by pitching or rolling decks when glassing on the water.
The RD is engineered with an open-bridge and dual-hinge configuration, which reduces weight and provides more gripping surface area—without sacrificing strength or stability. To withstand the rigors of the outdoors, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes. Their lightweight aluminum-alloy chassis is wrapped in a green rubber armor that not only protects it from impacts, but provides a slip-resistant grip. For long observation sessions or hands-free use, the RD is tripod mountable when used with optional adapters.
- Powerful 10x magnification brings distant subjects in for detailed observations
- Larger 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering ability for enhanced low-light performance such as at dawn and dusk or when peering into dense brush
- Compact roof prism optical path ensures a slim form factor for easier handling without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass produces a round exit pupil, with crisp and sharp images free from edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color fidelity
- Wide 61° apparent angle of view presents an immersive observational experience while helping to mitigate the appearance of the distracting hand shake often experienced when holding high-power optics
- Spacious 320-foot field of view at 1000 yards allows users to view wide areas with minimal head movement
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge / dual-hinge configuration reduces weight without sacrificing strength or stability
- Large textured center focus wheel is easy to manipulate—even while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Comfortable 16mm eye relief reduces eyestrain for easier viewing
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open in low light to keep the entire scene in view
- Bridge design reduces weight without sacrificing strength, while providing more surface area to improve grip strength
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes
- Protective green rubber armor is textured to provide a slip-resistant grip
- Tethered objective lens caps and ocular rainguard to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Hard case protects binoculars when in storage, during transport, and while carrying in the field
|Prism Type||Roof (BAK4)|
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm|
|Angle of View||6.1° (Actual)|
|Field of View||320' @ 1000 yd / 106.24 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8' / 3 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||4.2 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Fogproof||Yes, Nitrogen Filled|
|Dimensions||5.6 x 5.2 x 2" / 14.2 x 13.2 x 5.1 cm|
|Weight||22.3 oz / 632 g|
Delivered free in 23 hours
I did a lot of reading up and e mailing places before finally choosing a pair of new binoculars.
So glad I went for these. Love them, easy to spot birds and focus quickly and lightweight. Definitely recommend both the Carson AND Stealth Birding!
Purchased our binoculars for an otter spotting trip to Scotland. They are light and compact but powerful — perfect for opur needs. We even received a free bird book — very happy.